- Home /
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I park?
Alfred Dunhill is pleased to offer free parking at all three courses. Please follow the yellow AA directional signage on the approach roads and the direction of stewards on-site. Please note, vehicles and property are left entirely at the owner's risk.
Is there disabled access and parking?
Absolutely. Disabled spectators will need to display their disabled parking badge and should park at the Red Car Park at each of the courses.
What is the policy for mobile phones and cameras?
Spectators are allowed to bring both mobile phones and cameras provided any photography is for personal use. A strict policy will be in place to ensure play is not disrupted in any way and users should follow the guidelines below:
- All devices must be in SILENT mode at all times
- No audio or video recording of 'live play' is permitted on the golf course at any time during the Championship due to rights-restrictions. However, cameras and filming are allowed in the spectator village and surrounding areas.
- No still photography on the golf course is permitted on Championship Days.
- Data use (e.g. texting, e-mail, website access, etc.) is permitted throughout the golf course, but volume must be muted at all times.
Spectators who breach any provision of this policy will be subject to the terms and conditions of entry and maybe asked to leave.
Can I bring my own food and drink?
Yes, but alcohol is not permitted. Food and drink is also available to purchase on site. Please help us respect the beauty of the courses and town and take your litter home with you.
Are dogs allowed?
Yes, dogs are welcome, and should kept on a lead at all times please.
Can I bring a bag / rucksack?
Bags and rucksacks are permitted on each of the courses during the Championship but may be subject to a search on entry.
Can I bring a child's pushchair?
Yes you can. However please be aware of uneven terrain.
Can I buy a programme?
Yes, the Links Times, which includes the draw, championship news and insight as well as course maps and the order of play, is available to purchase at all three courses on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Is there a draw for practice days?
No, we do not have a draw available for the practice days. Practice is entirely at the Players' discretion.
What are prohibited items?
Prohibited Items are items which, in the opinion of the organisers (or any authorised person), could be used as a weapon, cause a nuisance, be anti-social or disrupt play.
- The definition includes obvious examples such as firearms, knives and extends equally to items such as corkscrews and personal protection sprays as well as:
- Pyrotechnic devices including fireworks, explosives, smoke canisters, flares, laser pointers or similar items;
- Noise producing devices including air horns, portable speakers, PA systems, megaphones or similar items used for amplification or broadcast;
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), including drones, model aircraft, kites or similar airborne crafts/items;
- Professional cameras and video cameras or any photographic equipment which could be used for commercial purposes;
- Unauthorised banners, signage or branding.
This is not an exhaustive list. Please use your common-sense.